Warranty Claims For Specific Brands.
Warranty Claims For All Other Brands.
Sit Back And Relax.
Warranties protect your purchase from defects in manufacturing, not from damage caused by use or normal wear and tear. You can find specific details on what is and isn’t covered on your manufacturer’s warranty card. (Please download your warranty card and read before proceeding to Step 2.)
The following are for Mattresses, Box Springs, Adjustable Bases, Metal Frames, Mattress Protectors & Pillows.
If you inquiring about any furniture issues that you are having, please call one of our stores.
If your manufacturer is Tempur-pedic®, Leggett & Platt, Enso, or Mantua you will need to contact their warranty center directly as they handle claims for their products from start to finish. You can reach them by calling the numbers listed below.
Leggett & Platt Metal Frames: 800-876-2641
Leggett & Platt Adjustable Bases: 844-628-8376
Contact & Order Information
We will need your Name, Purchase Date, Email, Phone Number and Address as it appeared on your invoice when you originally made the purchase. If you have your invoice handy it will be helpful and make things go a little quicker.
You Choose How To Take Pictures And Measurements
1) We can simply come to your location to process the pictures and measurements. (Local Service Call Fee Starts At $69)
2) You can process the pictures and measurements yourself if you would like.
- You will need 3 things: a long straight rod/broomstick, a way to take pictures (Phone or camera) and a way to measure the indention (tape measure or ruler).
- IMAGE 1: Place the rod/broomstick across the top of the mattress horizontally and take a distant picture of the entire mattress top.
- IMAGE 2: Place the rod/broomstick across the top of the mattress horizontally on the affected area and take a close up of the affected area with the tape measure/ruler being held vertically to show how deep the indention is.
- IMAGE 3: Repeat IMAGE 2 but at a slightly different angle.
- IMAGE 4: Take a picture of the Law Label (usually a white colored label with black print) that should be attached to the mattress. It should have a Bar code, Date of Manufacture and Model Information. Please make sure everything is clear/legible and not a fuzzy image.
- IMAGE 5: Take a picture of the Silk Label that shows the name and brand of the mattress.
- IMAGE 6: Take the mattress off of the box spring. Place the rod/broomstick across the top NEAR THE TOP of the box spring horizontally and take a distant picture of the entire box spring top.
- IMAGE 7: Take the mattress off of the box spring. Place the rod/broomstick across the top NEAR THE MIDDLE of the box spring horizontally and take a distant picture of the entire box spring top.
- IMAGE 8: Take the mattress off of the box spring. Place the rod/broomstick across the top NEAR THE BOTTOM of the box spring horizontally and take a distant picture of the entire box spring top.
- IMAGE 9: Take the mattress AND box spring off of the metal frame or bed frame. Take a picture of the complete view of the frame support, center rails and legs, including: metal frames, wooden frames with slats, solid platform beds, or adjustable bases.
Now that you have filed a warranty claim, all you have to do is sit back and relax while we review the details. Be on the lookout for an email or letter in the mail with the outcome. We respond to submissions within 14 business days. If your product is found to be defective, the manufacturer will either replace it or offer a comparable model. If additional details are needed, a Warranty Representative will reach out to you directly at the email address or phone number provided.